“JAGUAR AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX COMPETITION”PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. Entry is only open to all Australian residents aged 18 years of age or older and are able to attend the 2019 Australian Grand Prix on either Friday 15th March 2019, Saturday 16th March 2019 or Sunday 17th March 2019.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 12:01pm AEST on Monday 4th February 2019 and ends at 12:00pm AEST on Friday 1st March 2019.
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) Email the Jaguar Land Rover social team via “firstname.lastname@example.org”
b) Complete a response in 25 words or less explaining “Why would you like to go to the Australian Grand Prix?” (“Competition Question”);
c) Input the requested details into the email response including their full name, valid email address, telephone contact number, postcode of residence and preferred date to attend the 2019 Australian Grand Prix.
By entering this promotion and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, entrants agree to receive Jaguar Australia marketing communications.
6. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that any content submitted in their entry is an original creative work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entries that contain prohibited or inappropriate content, or are otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions will not be eligible to win.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on the originality, literary merit and creative merit of the response submitted and how well it encapsulates the Competition Question. The judges may select additional reserve entries, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
12. The winners will be notified by email or telephone.
13. The best three (3) valid entries received, as determined by the judges, will win a double pass to attend the 2019 Australian Grand Prix on either Friday 15th March 2019, Saturday 16th March 2019 or Sunday 17th March 2019. Prize is valued at up to AUD$6,700.00
14. Any ancillary costs associated with taking the prize, including but not limited to any travel costs and or accommodation costs outside of listed inclusions will be the responsibility of the winner. Prizes must be taken to coincide with the relevant dates as indicated above. Prizes are subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
15. The prizes are subject to the Jaguar terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companions) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
16. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
18. Total prize pool value is up to AUD$6,700.
19. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the Jaguar Australia competition is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the scheduled race is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/use of and/or participation in the prize.
26. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner’s nominated parent/guardian must sign any legal documentation as and, in the form, required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
28. The promoter is Jaguar Land Rover Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 86 004 352 238) of 189 O'Riordan Street, Mascot, NSW, 2020, Australia, (“Promoter”).